Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Bird testing?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 02:38 PM   #22
shspector

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis
State: North Carolina
THOR #3400
Bird & Trombetta

Last January while plugged in at a SW Florida campground, our chassis battery went dead along with our radio, electric sunshade & emergency start switch.
We put a trickle charger on the battery & all returned to normal as long as we left it on.
AS all the Thor dealerships were overwhelmed with customers a few knowledgeable neighbors offered to try & help us out.
The first thing we tried was replacing the original battery with an upgraded new one. After 2 weeks the same issues returned.
After several conversations with Thor we replaced the bird. When that didn't solve anything we replaced the Trombetta and everything returned to normal........until now (6 months later).
The coach is parked on our property on Asheville NC & plugged into a regular garage outlet so I'm able to keep the batteries charged & run a 30 gal dehumidifier. The same problem returned.? I installed another new Trombetta & the original bird that we knew was still good but the issue still remains.
My voltmeter shows 13.6v on the house batteries & on the left side of the trombetta & the right side matches whatever the chassis battery is (if I unplug my battery tender). It appears the chassis battery is draining into the coach.
We're now baffled as to what to try next.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,

Sam & Judy Spector

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum