Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 04:27 PM   #24
spmcar

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #15567
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTransplant View Post
We paid $3500 to have our 2017 Cherokee Trailhawk set up in 2018.
Parts were $2800 and labor $700. This included a Roadmaster Baseplate, a Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain tow bar, RVi Brake portable braking system, and RVi Battery charger and installation and wiring for the brake and tail lights and the RVi charger wiring. Took them a day to do it. In typical Denver spring fashion (late April) we had snow the day I picked it up.

Then it cost me $600 and several weeks of waiting for the Jeep death wobble cable with installation. Jeep has finally got their act together and don’t require the cable starting with the 2019’s. But you still will need the battery charger as I believe that the power steering is still powered while towing. In hindsight I could have handled the installation myself.

Add another $100 or so for stuff like a tow bar cover, hitch riser and a couple of quiet hitch clamps. I also installed a switch inside the cabin so I don’t need to keep inserting and pulling the fuse. Say $4300 all in.
Rick, How do you disengage the drive train to tow your jeep?

Thanks,

Stephen

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.