Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 07:22 PM   #24
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajz927 View Post
... I know I’ll need solar for sure...

Not sure if you are 'sure' about that, as you didn't mention 'why' you'd 'need' solar, unless you are really going to be off-grid for lengths of time, with no generator or shore power, etc. An overnight here or there without hookups probably doesn't make for a real 'need' for solar, or the financial output it would take to have enough to really make enough 'difference', verses using your generator, which you have already paid for - it is a very efficient power center to serve you well for years to come.

Solar is alluring, and there may even be peer-pressure for many to think that it's a 'must' to 'really' be a good camper, but the reality is that it's not nearly as cost-effective and beneficial as most think, especially when you have young kids who want to constantly be plugged in for their devices and game systems and tv watching, and your wife wants, like mine, air conditioning, just like at home,etc... you start to see that your generator is really your best friend.

You'll find out your camping and traveling style more, though, as you initially get on the road and start finding out 'what' this is all about... have a good time : )
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum