Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 07:15 PM   #4
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Dave, any chance the passenger's seat pedestal may have been installed backwards? Some have a slight tilt to them to make the front of the seat slightly higher, and if reversed that could make the front lower. I'm not sure if that's even possible with your model. You may be able to compare to driver's seat if both are similar (except maybe right versus left hand).

It's a little surprising that a motorhome as large and heavy as yours has approximately the same overall gearing as the much-smaller Axis/Vegas. It confirms that the Axis/Vegas could get by with a V8, or with the V10 and taller gearing.
Thanks for the thought on the seat pedestal, I'll take a look at that tonight.

What surprised me the most was the coach's ability to crest an incline at 60 MPH on s single gear downshift when not using cruise control. When using cruise control the same type of include would result in a two or three gear downshift, the dreaded 4K RPM screaming and cresting the hill below 50MPH. My one wish is that along with set, accelerate, coast and resume that Ford would add Pause to the cruise control options.

I will say, however, if I had the 305HP V2 instead of the 362HP V3 things would more than likely be different. I believe the 305 would have resulted in 2250 - 2500 RPM to run between 62 and 65 MPH and fuel consumption would have been greater.

Overall this was a more pleasurable drive than my Class C on the E450 chassis.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum