Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 08:16 PM   #1
morningglory

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Minnesota
THOR #2667
Cab heat/air issues

The first problem we had was no fan. We had an electrical RV repair genius who claimed to have spent 40 hours trying to track the circuit and we finally had to settle for an imperfect fix - he wired the power directly to the battery, so if the fan is in an on position it will run even if the engine is turned off. That worked OK and we just have to be sure we don't leave the darned thing running.

Now our problem is that the switch that selects where the cab air is supposed to go doesn't work. I believe this system operates by way of a motorized baffle that directs the air from the fan into the selected ductwork. I think it is stuck in the position that the flow only goes to the defrosting vents along the windshield.

So... my question. If I understand the system right, then the problem could be the result of a bad switch... or a bad motor/baffle... or could it be something as simple as a fuse?

I've had pretty bad luck trying to track down fuses in this machine. Anybody know if there is a fuse controlling that circuit - and where it is located in a 2014 Thor Axis 24.1? I hate to pay the hundreds and go through the hassle if the repair folks are just going to replace a fuse...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.