Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 12:43 AM   #1
TimmyB

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
Question Chassis air was very unimpressive today

We are on our 2nd trip with our 2019 Vegas 24.1. The first was in July and in our 3+ hour trip, the air seemed to be fine both to and from our destination.

Today, we went on a 1.5 mile trip with our grandson and the air felt fine for about the first half hour or so. Then, we all noticed it seemed significantly warmer in the coach, so I turned it on full cold, full fan. This helped for a few minutes but then we were mildly uncomfortable again. Had this been a longer trip, I would have started the genny up and used the roof air, but we had less than 30 minutes left, so I let it go. The air was definitely cooler than the outside air, but not "ice cold" like a new AC should be; this is what confuses me the most as if the fuse went out, there wouldn't be ANY cooling going on, would there? Pushing the recirc button didn't seem to affect it one way or the other.

I tried to figure out where the fuse locations were but I could not find the power distribution center under the hood; I could only find the one under the steering wheel and one outside where the slide controller is located, and the fuses are all in different locations there than shown in the E-Series owner's manual. (Doing a web search was BEYOND hopeless, as it seems to ignore the year you put in, which for us is a 2018 chassis.)

We are headed on a 4000+ mile trip in four weeks and I'd hate to waste a 2-hour RT to the dealer for something as simple as a fuse, but I really want to make sure this is working as it should before then.

Anyone have any ideas what could have been the problem?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum