Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 01:36 PM   #2
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well I don’t know your coach specifics at all, but until an expert HVAC person responds to your post I have a couple comments:

1. I hope the mobile RV tech wired your blower fan with appropriate sized wire and fuse for the blower motor load requirements and advised you where (at the chassis battery) he placed the fuse? Not the preferred solution to say the least.

2. I suspect (but I am not sure) that many RV’s still use a combination of electrical switches and vacuum operated control motors to provide the HVAC dash requirements. Usually if there is a vacuum leak or failure the default is to go to defrost air flow position. So it could be a vacuum hose cracked or pinched somewhere in the dash. This typically requires opening up the dash for access/inspection. Maybe this will allow proper repair of your blower motor too?

Some interesting reading after doing a search on the forum......

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...oner-7599.html

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum