Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 01:00 AM   #12
jannnda

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
My phone is an iPhone. I use a Garmin RV GPS so my phone, as stated, goes into ignore mode while driving. It isn't necessarily the bluetooth signal dropping out but rather the particular app being used freezing and not updating or reading the sensors.

Also, again IMHO, with the smart system there is an additional component that comes into play. More components, more points of potential failure. My system goes from sensor through signal booster to TPMS monitor. The Smart system goes from sensor, through signal booster, through bluetooth adapter (which has to be mounted or placed somewhere) to the smart phone.

When I started considering, and decided on TireMinder I looked at the Smart system and said 'Oh Boy, New Toy" then "my", repeat "my" thought process kicked in and I decided to go with the TM77 instead.

To each their own and right now I'm not willing to put a 100K motorhome or 40K toad at risk on a system I am not 90 percent confident will work 100 percent of the time.

I do the same. My iPhone in stun mode. I use the Garmin for GPS. My wife is really good at navigating. She uses her iPhone. Sometimes we get different directions but some of that is because the Garmin is the RV version. We are in a class A so the Garmin can take you a different way. Doesn’t happen very often.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum