Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 02:33 AM   #14
BSexton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Georgia
THOR #5927
If you want the simplest solution that is pretty hard to screw up, then get this:
Coleman Airxcel 8330-3862 T-Stat Wall Digital Heat/Cool https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M8LFHT3..._M40xDbNZPXHBW

Simply unscrew the old thermostat from the wall. Then, one wire at a time, disconnect each wire from the old thermostat and connect it to the same terminal on the new one. Lastly, screw the new thermostat to the wall.

It might not be the cheapest solution, but there is very little to mess up and it is designed to be a drop in replacement for the analog thermostat.

I did this in my Axis and it only took about 15 minutes total.

I think a lot of people get in trouble when they disconnect all the wires at once. Oh, and don’t pay any attention to the colors of the wires. There are standards for what the colors are supposed to be, but don’t trust that the installers at the factory followed them. So, whatever wire came off the R terminal on the old thermostat should go on the R terminal on the new one. Even if it isn’t a red wire.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum