Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Dinghy Towing
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 08:56 PM   #15
Dcowley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas
State: Texas
THOR #11312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtho View Post
I'm planning to get a dinghy and tow it 4 down with my Class C Thor 29FE with Ford V-10 gas engine. I want 4WD or AW drive, auto trans, and seating for 6. Have not done this before and welcome suggestions as to what vehicle to look for. Also, this RV averages 8-9 mpg and I'm wondering how much mpg will be reduced. I know lots of factors influence this, but I'm just asking for a guesstimate.
I towed a 2003 Dodge Durango all 4's down for years. It was AWD and had a transfer case you could put in neutral for towing. It seated 6. It was automatic. There was a sequence to put the transfer case in neutral and then I used a brake buddy for my auxiliary braking. Towed the Durango for 75,000+ miles and then sold to my next door neighbor fours years ago and they are still driving it.

My MPG stayed a steady 8-9 towing

Good luck on finding one and sounds like just what you need.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.