Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 06:18 PM   #19
Capt.Tom

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #15940
Quote:
Originally Posted by howzball View Post
We’ve been towing our 2018 F150 4x4 4 down behind our Palazzo for some time now. You just go through the switching to 2 high to 4 low 5 times to put the transfer case in neutral and your good to go.

We use the Blue Ox hitch and Aventa tow bar. We also opted for the Air Force braking system since the MH has air brakes.
The newer F150s are pretty lightweight I’m not sure there’s any metal on the thing, I know the body is aluminum. I think a lot of SUVs probably weigh as much as this truck does. Towing it only reduces our MHs overall mpg by about 1 to 1.5 mpg less.

Once you get the hang of it, you can perform the entire hookup and tow procedure in less than 5 minutes.
Assuming weights not an issue for you the f150 is a great toad vehicle.
We also tow a 2018 f150 behind our 2019 Miramar. The 4x4 crew Lariat is just under 5,000 lbs, our old Expedition was just as heavy and it was 2WD. We had a drive shaft disconnect on that.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.