Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 06:48 PM   #325
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch70 View Post
I have a 2018 Thor Compass 24ft. m
You only have a single A/C zone. There is a lot of info on the site (use the search function in the top brown line) on Thor’s poor installation practices especially with regards to the A/C system. People have found blocked pipes and vents, misaligned dividers between the in and outflow of the A/C, open holes allowing the A/C air to escape into the roof area instead of into the vent pipes, etc. Best start us to take off the inside A/C cover and see if the divider is correctly installed, if the vent pipes are blocked and if there are openings into the roof area where there should not be. Buy some silver Heating and A/C duct tape or regular duct tape and fill up the holes, open up the vent lines and make sure the divider is in the correct place. Then close all the vents and open them up one at a time and check the air flow. If one vent has much less flow than the others, it may have debris in it or have been bent out flattened when it was installed. In a small RV like yours (I have an Axis 25’) I installed a round vent in the inside A/C cover p, right under the outflow and it has made a world of difference in cooling the living area. I close the bedroom vents during the day and the living area vents at night.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum