Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 08:52 AM   #12
10scDust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
I don't what the problem I was having with the in-dash radio was but it has nothing to do with the red button.

When the red button is disconnected and I am also disconnected from shore power, I still have power to the coach. It is not isolating the battery from the 12 volt system.

I think it may isolate the battery from the power center charger.

Here's a pic of the button in the closed position:

Attachment 835

and disconnected:

Attachment 836

Bruce
Ours has three of those circuit breakers, and only two coach batteries, which are connected in parallel.
I believe the circuit breakers protect high amperage draw motors.
(You can deduce this from the size of the cables connected on each side.)
One being the hydraulics motor to run the hydraulic pump.
I never researched which one is for what, but I believe one of the others is for the slide out motors, not sure on the last one.

Ours were in an inconvenient location under the coach near the coach batteries.
Accessible if you laid on the ground and reached up under there.
I made a bracket, relocated them reachable from under the step battery access, about a foot or so away from where they were.

On my modification, I drilled strategic holes, to zip tie the cables so vibration does not cause them to loosen, and of course used some de-oxidizing grease at the connections.

Whenever I may experience some electrical problem, and not often, I check them, they have never been found tripped.
My volt meter read 12vdc across both terminals, on each, recently troubleshooting a leveling system failure.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum