Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 12:37 PM   #1210
Coveman2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
My Alaska Trip

Put on 21,000 kms and the Compass was an excellent choice. Had some small issues , DEF regen needed to be reset at a Ford dealer but no problems after that. There was the usual small issues of loose screws and will be going back to the dealer for some minor adjustments on hinges and the awning.
Fuel mileage was 14.1 per 100 kms which works out to about 18mph but would be better if you do not carry a full tank of water but needed the water available if needed. The mileage did not change even when in the prairies where you set the cruise keep a constant 100km per hour or in the mountains.
If you go to Alaska be prepared to not have great internet service and phone service is only good around cities and towns.
Lots to see and do and the roads are pretty good just watch your speed and the frost heave markers
Coveman2
PS I had a few inquiries about my other postings and could not reply due to the internet problems , send my a note remind me to answer any questions

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum