Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 05:15 PM   #1218
lidja

State: Arkansas
THOR #16429
Hi All! New to the forum, but have been contemplating an RV for years. Life circumstances have finally made owning an RV a realistic possibility. WOOT!

Started looking at Class Bs, then checked out fifth wheels, then got distracted by toy haulers, then went back to the Class Bs, and have finally discovered Class B+ (even though salesmen tell me there is no such thing). Yahoo! These B+s are exactly what I’ve been looking for.

Now, I’m narrowing down to the exact model. Gemini/Compass 24TF is at the top of the list (followed by Entegra Qwest 24L and Tiffin Wayfarer 25QW even though it is a true Class C).

I cannot for the life of me find any information/video online that shows a Gemini/Compass outside walk-around — where are the tank valves? Will it be a nightmare to empty the tanks every time?

What about winterizing? Will I need to be a contortionist to reach drain plugs, etc.? (And for that matter—if I park the coach inside a storage unit between trips and drive the coach somewhere every month, do I even need to winterize?)

One more thing—I see that the size of the black tank on the Gem/Comp is much smaller than the black tanks on the other two models (19.5 gals. v 31 and 33 gals respectively). Any comments or experiences you’d like to share about this? I’m not sure if it is good or bad...

I’m so glad I found this thread! I have already learned a ton just by reading the comments here.

TIA for responses!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.