Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 12:07 AM   #26
M&M_MURPHYS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Quantum
State: California
THOR #9015
We just declined to renew Good Sam and switched to AAA.

We have had AAA roadside service on our cars for 30 plus years and every time we have used them (every few years) we have been very satisfied. They seem to have a great network of service vendors / vehicles and have always responded within an hour.

When we got the renewal notice from Good Sam and it was a bit unclear as to what we were actually renewing and what services were included. We called for some clarifications and the person we spoke to was not really knowledgeable and seemed to be guessing about things even though they have us in their system as a current customer.

Camping world has not impressed me and since Good Sam is now owned by them we just were not feeling it for the renewal. The phone call just reinforced that.

I do not remember the AAA cost but I do know it seemed reasonable when we added it to our existing car coverage.

Yes the no cost towing range was a bit limited - I believe it was 200 miles first incident and then 100 miles for every instance after that. That seemed like it would work for us in most cases and if not we would just have to go out of pocket to make up the difference.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum