Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 03:13 AM   #20
petef

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
click on my name and read my posts, I have the same unit...
1. yours is most likely out of alignment, mine was 5/8" toe out and caused tire damage after 2500 miles... Thor will reimburse you, but not for the tire damage, so get it done, when it us way out of whack call Thor and start the complaint/refund process. Your dealer has your money so don't count on that.
2. Theses rigs handle like crap. do a CHF ( google it , is switching sway bar positions) with Helwig links in the front and install a Trac bar on the rear. Then you can drive it. And I mean drive it fast if you want 70+ you are in control.. those whipping winds don't mean anything..
3. you will be fixing many other small things, but this rig is great when stopped so enjoy the places you visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Dave View Post
Ok, just to confirm I'm understand ya'all correctly, even though I just took delivery of this 2016 unit and have had only one week-end 'maiden voyage' ya'all are saying that it's MY responsibility to have the front end aligned ... that just seem wrong. One would expect that the chassis at least would function correctly 'right-out-the-box'

Is this standard operating procedure for all new class As or just for Thor units that are on a Ford chassis?

I'm bewildered - I haven't talked to my salesman about this yet (on the schedule for a return visit in about 5 days) but will sure be asking him explain why they allow it to be driven nearly 2000 miles from the plant to their store without knowing that it need an alignment.

Thanks for the input gents.

Dave

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum