Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 11:17 PM   #7
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I recently had a light start to flicker in the bathroom...searched and searched for how to easily just replace the 'led' portion, but found that the whole unit must be unscrewed and removed from the ceiling, and since it's hardwired, you must either clip the connections, or like me, take the route of applying enough pressure on the connection with pliers to allow the wires to then slip out....

I then looked and looked online, with little success...and then decided that just because this unit was having a little flickering affair, while 4 of the 16 leds out, I would just 'switch it' to one somewhere else that we don't use very often.
I found that applying enough pressure, with pliers, on the factory connector allowed me to reuse it again after switching the units.

Now, they both work, and I didn't have to spend a dime, or 'hope' that one ordered would be the correct size, as my coach actually has two different diameter units throughout... the flickering unit now is not used very often and not an issue.

Our coach is five years young, and we've lived in it full time much of it's 'life' : )

but, yes, they should make these easier to simply plug-n-play.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.