Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 12:23 PM   #12
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
Thank you. I will take my time during when we go through things and make sure things are corrected before we sign papers. We are anxious to get out and get camping this weekend but we will resist temptation to cave in.

I know of one item which will need to be corrected.... the sliding door to the rear bedroom does not move, just think it is off the track.

We asked for two things to be added....TV in the rear bedroom and a trailer brake controller. I asked them to include it in the deal but they wanted to do it separately. So today they called me with the price. They told me the controller and the TV installed will be $450something. "OK, do it. What controller are you installing?" "Not sure, I will call you back". Few hours later, "The TV is $450something and the controller will bring the total to $922something." "What happened to $450?" " It didn't include the controller" "OK, no thanks we will install it ourselves".

Where can I find solid information about the warranty? The sales guy was not clear on what they are and I didn't go back to the topic. I read somewhere it is 12m/15k basic, 24m,24K structure, 36m/36k chassis, 60m/60k powertrain.

You've a nice "taste" of what to expect. Most brake controller systems (assuming the chassis has a tow package from factory) are plug-n-play. The warranty info can be obtained from Thor and Ford. The sales goobers turn over quickly at these locations and the sheer volume of sales dictates they really don't have to know anything...there's 4+ more people in the "lobby corral" waiting for a sales person to show them around. Remember how you can't get to the RV's without going through the "team" waiting there. Sad, but this is the temperature of CW. The level of your excitement is their green flag as to how much crap they can run on you. Take it for a drive...a long drive other than just around the block. Have them do the walk through with you...THEN...just tell them you want a few minutes by yourself to settle in. This will give you unpressured time to play with everything. Run slides and awning in and out several times, check all plumbing under sinks, etc., for leaks while using pump and connected to city water. Check all systems, including A/C's, while plugged into shore power AND while running on generator. If there's a button or a switch anywhere...wear it out. Check drawer slides, and look behind and underneath EVERYTHING. If issues develop, have your salegoober get the techs right on it and don't accept a common "don't worry...we'll fix that for you later...we promise". If it doesn't get fixed right then...prepare to live with it. Best of luck and let us know details of your experience!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum