Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 08:36 PM   #7
TheFourRs

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #2942
Thumbs up Generator fixed thanks to this tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspixx View Post
We have a Thor Vegas 2016 mod 25.2. The generator went dead on a previous trip as it was running. It then would not respond to any start or prime commands (IE dead)
In changing house batteries last week, I noticed that there is a circuit breaker that crowds the battery compartment on the left side. The breaker test trip, a red button extends adjacent to the left battery. If you accidentally trip or touch this, it may cause the generator breaker to trip at a future time. To reset it, there is a yellow flag that says reset that must be pushed in.
So if the generator goes dead, remember this.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! We are on our first trip with our Vegas 24.1. We are in the Outer Banks, NC and just drove to our favorite restaurant. We wanted to start the generator for the refrigerator, but also for the dogs. It would not start. we quickly ate our meal and moved the Vegas to a Lowes parking lot. While my husband looked for every possible solution, I pulled up the forum and saw your posting. It worked! The battery had moved to the point he couldn't see the yellow flag. Once he adjusted it, the generator started.

Thank you so much for your help!

The England family

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.