Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 11:34 AM   #1679
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
This winter's mod

Well I'm about to embark on the latest mod for our Axis. Showing up today and tomorrow are the following two items:
New Sink (Amazon)
New cooktop (Amazon)
(Have to pick a new faucet for the new sink)

The plan is to replace the counter top with new one--still researching the countertop (I may end up having the same local cabinet maker that made my bathroom panel make the counter top--that way I can have them cut the holes for the cooktop and sink).

So here is the before picture (yeah it still looks like this for now LOL):
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-04 15.09.48.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	20068

The two wrinkles in the plan:
  • There will be a gap above the drawer where the old stove was. Not sure if I'll put a vent cover there or just trim it up with wood (the cabinet maker already knows the stain! LOL)
  • The new sink is 10" deep, old one is 6"--those 4" may cause me to lose the top drawer under the sink

I'll know more once the parts arrive. (We still have one more trip planned for the year so "demo day" won't be for another few weeks.)

The idea here is that both the sink & cooktop are essentially flat so we'll gain a bunch of counter space when both aren't being used as a sink and a stove.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum