Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 02:17 AM   #9
HaRVey

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
Beeryboats, I didn't mean to rain on you parade! The main issue with the "Camp Cable" coax is not the cable (except for the cheap crimped connectors) but that it goes through both a switch (OTA antenna amplifier when ON, and Camp Cable when OFF), and then through a low quality/low frequency coac splitter. (Satellite specific cable runs only differ in that they go direct without going through lossy switches or splitters)
If you don't need the OTA antenna you can remove the wall switch and disconnect the Camp Cable input from the switch and the switch output going to the cheap splitter. Then either join the Camp Cable directly to TV cable (with a barrel connector, with Blue insulation if you can find one, but not critical) where you want to mount the Dish receiver or replace the cheap splitter with I high quality (for digital signals) and rated for 500 MHz - 2 GHz (or higher), then you can reconnect both TV cables in case you ever want to move the Dish receiver to a different location.
I know this sounds very complicated via text and there are a lot of options with all the latest wireless HDMI and matrix choices, but if you want to PM me and we can talk on the phone. I'd be happy to help!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.