Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 07:50 PM   #27
BASSMAN

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 25.4
State: California
THOR #7440
I have a 2017 AXIS 25.4, I live in Southern California an I spend a lot of time during the fall, winter and spring in the Yuma area of the Colorado River, lots of sun so I wanted to get away from the generator and go with solar, I did my research and it sent me to Renogy, you get a better deal with them on Amazon, give them a call but have all the specs of all your appliances, TV, microwave and so on, they will want to know the volts, amps and Watts if you can provide all that, they will help pair you up with a system that will work, its not a good idea to just go out and buy panels and inverters unless you have crunched all the numbers, I installed a 400 watt solar kit with the controller, about $800.00, 4 100 watt panels and I bought the ABS plastic mounting kits for each panel, they glue down to the vinyl roof and no screws going into your roof and mine have been on now for two years and no problem, I replaced the two house batteries with two gel cell batteries from Renogy and added two more in the very rear compartment at the back end of the coach, I finished off with a 2000 watt Renogy Inverter/Charger, gel cell batteries do not charge the same as wet batteries so the Inverter/Charger combo was necessary, the Inverter/Charger can also be hard wired, your shore power and generator go through a transfer switch to keep them isolated, the power then goes to your breaker panel, when the Inverter/Charger is installed the out put wires from the transfer switch go directly to the Inverter/Charger and then out of the Inverter/Charger to the breaker panel, the existing battery charger gets disconnected, the 2000 watt Inverter/Charger will put out just over 16 amps at 120 volts AC, this will power just about everything in a coach with the exception of the roof air-conditioning, the Inverter/Charger also has a 30 amp bypass so the entire load of your coach can by pass through the Inverter/Charger when you are using shore power or your generator, this was not just a weekend job and if you are not skilled with house electrical you should get with a licensed electrican, I got rid of the 120 volt TV that was above the entry door and bought a Pioneer 12 volt DC RV TV to replace it, I bought the Amazon Fire stick, a MIFI box from Verizon and I can leave the TV on full time and never worry about dead batteries, I have a cover for my coach and during the summer the solar panels will keep the batteries charged wile the cover is on the coach, I would post some pictures but I have not had any luck on this site, if you are interested just message me and I will provide you with some pictures and information

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum