Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 01:34 AM   #25
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
wow, I'm surprised at how for up your cam is angled and how wide it's field of view is. I have mine angled more down, so the bottom edge is just inches above the bumper. I found no utility at all with mine when it was angled up high like that...

and I agree about it's usefullness. I don't tow a toad, but similarly I use mine to keep an eye on the bike rack.
The only other significant thing I use it for is when I'm trying to back right up to a wall or something. When it's at the bottom of the screen it's inches from the bumper

I almost never ask DW or a kid to stand watch. 99% of the time it either doesn't help or adds confusion. I learned how to use the mirrors and how to back a trailer very well years ago. This isn't a trailer, but the mirror usage is just the same really.... so my wife learned a long time ago that when she asked what she can do to help.... it's to keep the kids safe and out of the blind spots while I'm backing in...well it was when they were younger anyway.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum