Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 03:17 AM   #41
valkosr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 37.4
State: North Carolina
THOR #16500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
This past spring, we came to a conclusion that living for 8 months in FL and 4 in Michigan was not allowing us to travel and see the country the way we really envisioned in retirement. So, we decided to get a MH and spend four months or so in each (MH, MI, FL). Our plan was to NOT use a toad for most of our trips, so we purchased a MH that was small enough to get around most anywhere, yet still big enough to tow something if we decided to later on.

For the past 13 years, our second car has been a MB convertible, originally an SL and for the past two years, an SLK. Absolutely a blast to drive, but pretty useless as a tow vehicle! This vehicle also requires trailering down to Florida during the winter season, which is a bit of a pain in itself. This past weekend, we realized that maybe (because of our new lifestyle) it's time to sell the convertible and pick up a more realistic 2nd car. A vehicle which could be flat-towed easily behind both our MH and our Ford Explorer. A vehicle which could have our inflatable kayaks or bikes thrown into the back of it without worrying about dirt or mud or theft. A vehicle which could offer a fun experience, although nothing is going to compare to our MB!

Having said all of that, we believe there is really only one choice, and yes, it's the obvious one: a Jeep! This vehicle can do everything that I mentioned above and I am really having difficulty finding anything else that does so.

So, before I get TOO far down this road, I wanted to check with my forum-friends and hear from you. Am I correct in this choice, or is there another vehicle out there that will meet these needs? If it matters, we are talking about a very used vehicle, one which will only be driven about 5,000 miles a year as a 2nd car and toad, so we are NOT looking at new or late-models.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions!
Jeep Wrangler is the way to go!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20190902_125119.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	20115  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.