Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 03:35 AM   #125
JAE Darbo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: AXIS 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #5911
Send a message via AIM to JAE Darbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
I am thinking of installing a small inverter (1000-1200 watt) to be able to run a tv and charge laptops without starting the generator (and during "quiet" times)

I was going to use one with a transfer switch built in, to jumper between the breaker box and the actual runs on the "receptacle" breaker (trying to isolate the gas refrig and keep it off the inverter)

Has anyone placed an inverter using the existing house batteries?

Or, should I wait until I figure out how to beef up the battery bank?

Just trying to be as "self-sufficient" as I can be (and still have some creature comforts, like tv)
I run my frig plus a low power outlet for computers and such with an auto- cutover inverter: 1200 watts.

When my hard AC (gen/shore) drops off, my inverter auto-powers my frig, keeping it cool as we motor down the road with the chassis generator keeping the battery’s topped off.

We do not use gas, especially while moving; risk of fire in the frig compartment is zero with electric vs gas.

We also use the ARP frig monitor system to control the frig, safety and efficiency are enhanced.

Call for dry: 817.714.2665

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum