Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 12:46 PM   #6
10scDust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I take them out and pressure wash them, but I'll tell you what helped a lot on the white stuff:
I bought a ryobi 18v glue gun. Prior to having it I used a glue gun about twice a year. Now that I have a cordless one I use it many times a month.
As an experiment, I thoroughly coated the positive terminal cable connection with hot glue.
With the cable hooked to the battery, I just buried it with clear glue stick so I could see what was happening.
It is as clean as the day I applied it and no white stuff anywhere.
(of course it won't work for you now that I've said it out loud, but it sure worked on my 4x4 toy.)

Picture of toy included since this is wte.
Anything that keeps the oxygen away will work.
I use axle grease, after the connection is clean and secure, it also makes it easy to disassemble.

Cleaning consists of baking soda mixed with some water and a wire brush.
Terminal connecting surfaces; as long as they have a metal shininess, I am happy, if it's sandpaper or a knife blade to scrape at the surface.
At the metal to metal mating surface of the connection, I use a deoxidizer grease.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.