Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 07:22 PM   #1
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
quality vs price point

diregarding the major appliances and components, do the higher end RV's built by Thor use better materials?

Things like the stove, AC, water heater, toilet, and so on are pretty much the same across all brands because they are sourced from the same vendors.

I'm wondering about the other stuff.... the upholstery, cabinets, and so on.

I was cleaning the pad form my overhead bunk yesterday, and was noticing just how cheap the underside backing material is. The top upholstery fabric, like the dinette cushions and so on seem to be reasonably ok material, but the vinyl they used on the back couldn't be much chintzier if they'd used saran wrap!
Not a surprise given all the sorry quality things I've seen and fixed over these years..

& of course the vinyl used on the sofa and other upholstery is flaking horribly.
and the cabinetry is some kind of cheaper fake sticker on paperboard
etc...
prob all of the lower end stuff by Thor and others are very similar

so I got to wondering about the mid level and higher end gas and diesel ones such as Tuscanny...and/or other brands such as the better Tiffins, better Winnebagos, the American Traditions, and Monacos, etc.... do they use the same sorry stuff?
...and I'm not talking about the ultra high end custom prevost based stuff...I know that's a different game...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.