Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 01:57 PM   #5
MJC62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
I have not heard of transferring the 1 lb bottles to a larger tank. As stated there is an adapter to hook a 20 - 40 lb bottle to the Rv. As far as filling the 1 lb bottles I have been doing it for years. Freeze the empties and have the 20 lb tank at room temperature attach bottle invert 20 lb tank, open valve and fill til you can’t here gas going into small bottle. Close valve on 20 lb tank, invert and unscrew the 1 lbr . Easy peasy. The adapter to fill from the 20 lb tank cost me around $20. The small bottles on average cost about $4. At today’s average price for propane there’s about 80 cents worth of propane in a 1 lb bottle. The only issue I have had with refilling is I have only been able to get a 1 lb bottle about 3/4 full. Some guys use a needle nose to pull open the relief valve on top of the 1 lb bottle get a complete fill I just carry a could extra bottles as that is more messing around than I care to do. After 3 - 4 fills though the valve on top of the small bottles may start to seep time to recycle that bottle. As most folks throw the 1 lbrs away there is never a shortage of bottles available to refill. If you use a propane lantern, portable heater, table top grill or stove refilling is the way to go.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.