Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 11:22 PM   #28
jbwilli1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 32.1 ACE
State: Texas
THOR #14323
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
This is correct. I fly RC planes. The ceiling is 400ft. You also must have your stuff badged with no less than a FAA number. Most responsible RC enthusiasts also hold a current AMA card and that number should also be displayed. The FAA recently change the rules. You used to be able to 'hide' those numbers in an inconspicuous place as not to deter from the craft's appearance. Not anymore. The FAA doesn't want to have to open or touch anything to check the number. It's a 10-25k fine if you're caught without. A word to the wise...

Thanx. I have both my registration numbers applied to the rear 2 arms, red for commercial & black for hobby. I also have a reward sticker with phone number in case it gets away from me. Don't plan on that happening, but ya never know, sometimes they have a mind of their own.

If you follow the regs, by staying in visual contact, lessening the chance of a mishap. I've never been to 400 ft & can't imagine someone with that kinda vision. 200 ft it's hard to see, diffinetly can't hear it. I looked away one day & couldn't see it. First & only time I used return to home feature & it worked.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum