Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 01:44 AM   #6
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
I'm not an "A" fan...mostly because of the serious cab quality issues and no air bags. The F550 chassis is a dream. Never drops from 6th gear running on cruise at 64MPH. The cab is the typical quality of a luxury pickup and whisper quiet. The dash A/C keeps the entire coach cool while underway without having to run generator and rooftop A/C's. The up-charge for this chassis with diesel is expensive. The additional cost of fuel is somewhat offset by the mileage of 11.7-12.2 MPG...but I didn't buy it for fuel savings. Granted...the "A" design is the ultimate MH...but the cabs are built by carpenters with little motor vehicle skills. The Ford F550 is a proven, built from the factory, commercial truck with a MH body built on the back. It's the best option out there today without going full MCI or Prevost type coach. Even the higher end DP's still have the cabs built by carpenters. Prior setup was a GMC 2500HD with 39' Open Range Roamer TT. Sold it after 2 years and went MH. Much easier to maneuver and set up once at the campground. We plan to see the Wild West next year and the "all-in-one" package of the MH is so much more comfortable. Wish I could have both as the TT had so much more room once at camp but worthless on the road at rest stops and boondocking since you can't hardly take a leak without putting slides out...much less have a lunch break at rest areas, etc. Everything across all setups is a sacrifice and they all have both strong and weak points.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.