Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 02:03 AM   #52
Cwray

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Illinois
THOR #12548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Yep, I keep finding more areas to add insulation. It never stops for me. LOL.

It cut out so much heat and sound..... this is the way it should have been from factory (IMO).

I even tried some of the acoustic foam and stuck in spots under the dash and elsewhere but I dont really think it works. You need a hard barrier like Dynomat then follow up with the Fat Mat 3/4 inch stuff. Both have foil on it. That helps the most IMO.

Have to strongly agree on this post. I use the tar-foiled Dynamat on anything not metal under my hood in the Hurricane 34J, and then added the 3/4” foam Dynamat on top of everything. Made sure to wear a junk t-shirt as I had some very interesting bending/leaning positions to do this and got grease stains all over.

I was all sweaty and dirty and wondering if it was all worth it.

It was. Like was said earlier, we can’t really hear the engine running unless we stand on the gas pedal and have it drop down to the lower gears due to a big hill or in passing. Cab is also cool as a cucumber. It’s quieter than one of the cars that we have and should have been shipped this way.

Btw, took extra Dynamat (both kinds) and wrapped up my A/C covers & also did the same around my generator.

My genny’s much quieter now and my A/C maintains a noticeably cooler temp as well.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.