Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 01:29 PM   #10
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
You mention problems with it “going in” but don’t mention any when going out. It it extends properly you can be sure there is nothing wrong with the fuse. My 2017 Freedom Elite had a Carefree awning that extended perfectly but retracted slowly or sometimes not at all. Calling Carefree was very helpful and they said it likely was a problem with the motor and they were quick to send me a new one. The tech I spoke with said that the awning extends more readily than it retracts because the gas struts are “helping” when it’s going out but working against it when it’s coming in. He believed a new motor would fix it. I never installed the new motor because I discovered that retracting with the coach on shore power or the generator always worked, albeit still slowly. Apparently the little bit of extra voltage was enough to do the job. I later traded the coach so never really got to the bottom of it. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum