Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 02:06 AM   #4
Cwray

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Illinois
THOR #12548
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftemp View Post
Mine is doing the same thing. I tried running the water pump, but didn't think to use hot water. I have a 2018 hurricane. I can't even locate the pump. So far, no one I've ask has an idea where it is. I even have a call into my dealer service and they are stumped, but still looking. The problem is, when the pump is on the pipes reverberate all through the coach so it's hard to follow the sound.
I see from your handle that you have a 34J--same as me.

Your water pump is under your master bed. You'll have to prop up the mattress, tilting it towards the front of the MH. You'll see a 24"x24" cutout on the wood panel. Open that towards the end of the bed (way from the headboard) and you'll find the pump, cleanup filter, and winterizing connections all right there.

I took Dynamat (the thin tar-paper kind) and lined the floor and the walls, and re-installed the pump onto to that. I also installed a vibration damping kit (really, it's just some pass-through connections and softer/flexible tubing). Doing those two things significantly helped (but did not eliminate) the vibrations coming from the pump when it turned on.

As an additional item, I also installed a pressurized water bladder as well. It's about the size of a football and is directly downstream from the pump. It stores just enough water that will allow someone to quickly flush a toilet or take a small glass of water without kicking on that pump and waking up my wife who sleeps directly above that thing. ;-)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum