Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 10:37 AM   #20
blj1961

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 22FE
State: Oklahoma
THOR #15560
It is more of a low speed sound as they raise and lower on the vent cover. I had 4 covers, which would be 16 screws and brackets all together. I counted and checked and they are attached correctly They are new as is the coach. The sound does go to nothing as you hit highway speed, which indicates to me the aerodynamic lift principle seems to work. You can only hear them at low speeds. I think perhaps that I might just be being sensitive to the sound as this is my first class C. It may just be reading others nightmare stories combined with the fact that I am used to a Travel Trailer. Since you do not ride in those you hear nothing. I did take it back when I heard the sound and they told me the only way to stop that "low speed" sound was to attach them to the roof. Currently they are attached to 4 vents, in a 24 foot coach, in that small space you hear most things. I will try the felt trick and see how that goes. They may just need to wear a bit.
It was not CW that did the install and I do trust the company that did the placement and work.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum