Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 04:34 PM   #1
SeaMac

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 45MX
State: Florida
THOR #16180
2018 Tuscany 45MX house battery size?

For countless reasons I am replacing my 6 house batteries in my 2018 Tuscany 45MX. As some may know, all of the batteries are located beneath the carpeted floor, inside the wardrobe closet, and accessing them is not very convenient to say the least.

Thor tells me that they are GC1 batteries, but for the life of me I can't find that size ANYWHERE. Has any 2018 Tuscany 45MX owner every replaced their house batteries? And if so, what did you replace them with? What size did you use??

I want to put some AGM's in there so I don't have to check water levels on 6 batteries every month that are located inside the coach, under the wardrobe closet floor. The engineer's from Thor should have their heads examined! If you are going to put ALL of the batteries inside an extremely inconvenient location, at least provide batteries that DO NOT require any maintenance.

OK venting is all done.
Thanks in advance for any input and helpful comments.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum