Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 11:38 PM   #37
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Used one of my favorite tools today.
A $20 electric hospital bed sure helps unload a pickup truck.
That stereo weighs 400lbs if it weighs an ounce.
I adjusted the height of the hospital bed to match the lift gate, and rolled off the stereo, pushed a button and lowered it to the ground.
The TV is being ripped out and replaced with a modern flat screen behind the 1963 bezel. It will sit in my 1961 themed room playing old commercials and shindig episodes.
All of the factory stickers and the factory warranty card is still with it.
Same with the other one on the trailer.
My parents had a TV/Stereo that looked exactly like that. I remember that the sound “failed” on Super Bowl Sunday (1969 I think) and my Dad frantically called every TV repair place he could find. Finally one guy agreed to come out - the guy looked at the unit for about a minute, flipped the internal/external rocker switch back to internal - sound came back on - he charged my Dad the full weekend service call rate.

My other memory of that set was watching Apollo 11 and the moon landing in all its fuzzy black and white glory.
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.