Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 07:45 PM   #20
JKConey

Brand: Still Looking
State: Nevada
THOR #4729
I must tell you that when our 2016 Compass was new, the batteries would drain after sitting for a few days or week with the kill switch off. Camping World couldn't find any problem telling me that was normal behavior in the Las Vegas heat. I brought it to the Ford dealer for an oil change during the first year I had it, and while there I asked them to check it out. I thought it wouldn't be covered because they only are responsible for the front. First they thought it was bad batteries, near impossible to get to under the front seats, which were brand new and covered. That led them to take the whole damn Ford Transit apart tracing wires to the kill switch, and fuse box, and inverter etc. A week later it was fixed. The guy found a tiny short somewhere involving interior lights.
Our Compass now stays in storage with the kill switch off. I try to get to it every 3 weeks to run it for 10 minutes, but there are times it sits there, for well over a month. It starts right up, showing the battery level at the house at 3/4 or full.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.