Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 12:46 PM   #14
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck and Mary Ann View Post
Well, if not silicon, what do you reccomend for issues like these?

Geocel Proflex RV is one caulking that many RVers use. It is not used for roofing caulk though (see link attached for other non use applications). If you have never used it I highly suggest practicing before using on your RV as I find it very sticky and tricky to apply compared to water based or silicone based caulks I have used in non RV applications (that could be just me though). I also suggest wearing single use neoprene/rubber gloves and taping (painters tape) off both sides of the area you are caulking first. I think I used soapy water to smooth the caulking line immediately after application and isopropyl alcohol (or similar) for any cleanup. Since this caulk starts to cure quickly, if you caulk a long line at one time, when you go to pull the painters tape off I find it can pull the edges of the applied caulk somewhat. Don't let it cure before removing the tape or you will have a mess. Like I said.....practice the process first on something else before doing your RV.

https://www.geocelusa.com/product/pr...xible-sealant/

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.