Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 06:29 PM   #19
Smeady64

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Alabama
THOR #5884
Upgrade from JRV 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by John & Diane View Post
Has anyone upgraded to the new Jensen Jrv9000 fro the 212 or 215? Our Jrv212 just started giving us trouble after 2 1/2 years of service. In talking to both Camping World and Jensen the JRV215 is no longer available and has been replaced with the JRV9000 which has better features than the 215. In looking at the wiring diagrams and the spec for the 9000 beside the wiring differences which should not present a big problem I see that the 9000 is smaller. The 212 measures 4.57h x 7.4w and the 9000 is 3.94h x 7.01w. I worried about how it will look in the Windsport dash. Thanks in advance for your thoughts a advice.
I called Jenson and found that to integrate with their cameras, there were not a lot of good options. I upgraded to the 9000 about a year ago and have been pleased. The radio has more features such as navigation and blue tooth. It has performed well with no issues. I bought the adapter as well so there was really no wiring outside of plugging the adapter between the coach's wiring and the radios. It is by far a better unit that the 212.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum