Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 09:04 PM   #1745
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
It's always a debate about antiflicker and which vehicles need a dongle.
Dongle/component almost always come with the new headlight bulbs now.
Three years ago you put led's in your car and if it flickered, you ordered the $7 dongle.

The bulb you buy will have a link to buy one or the information will say it's not needed.
I'm fairly certain they aren't needed on ford's, but all of my recent bulbs came with the unit attached...so I'm unsure.

I think the flicker is an impedance 5volt feedback filament detection type of thing from some car companies. The led isn't a filament so they can't tickle the bulb to see if it's burned out.

Below are the headlights I bought for the f150
The company I bought the Thor's headlight bulbs from didn't make this size for the f150, so I bought these.
I am actually a bit happier with the ones linked below since they run at 6000 instead of 6500. I'm one of those guys who can see the difference. They are a bit dimmer in the lab, but brighter to the eye.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BV...b_b_asin_title

It's hard to beat 4.8 stars on 400 reviews from headlight nerds....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.