Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 02:27 AM   #14
carlgorski

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUCK52 View Post
Very interesting. I had the same issue with my awning. I have a Thore hericane 20 17. Started out where it wouldn't retract. I tried using the remote and then it would retract but wouldn't extend again. Then the main toggle switch would extend it but not retracted. I took a broom and pushed up on the right side of the awning where the motor is and the control box and the wiring and all of a sudden it retracted. I figured the issue was in the control box so I ordered from Amazon a new control box and that came with a wiring harness and some other items. I installed the new control box but not the new cable because the cable they sent was a three wire cable not the five wire cable that I had. Ultimately it was a long process to test because it ended up being a bad wire of the three that would intermittently make contact and operate and then not operate trying to pull it back in. I ran a new wire outside of everything of the one that was bad continuity and then it worked with the switch both ways. However it was still intermittently working. Then I installed the new controller with the new wire and now it works all the time. So I've concluded that I had to electrical issues 1 the control box and to the bad wire that would have continuity and then not that was an intermittent issue. I found that the controller has a wind sensor in it that will cause the awning to retract if they're strong enough wind to blow the end of the awning up.
Yes mine are exposed and can be easily pinched. I wrapped them and taped them out of the way.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.