Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 12:44 PM   #7
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
I really like mine. Any of the MH's that have a true, commercial truck cab and chassis with diesel power should similar. If you sort through the issues most people have, the problems with the "carpenter built" truck cab part of the coach leads the list. Second are the complaints of roaring noise, excessive heat and lack of power at a decent RPM range. Having to climb a mountain at 4500RPM sitting next to a furnace isn't pleasant. You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on suspension modifications to make it perform properly. The F550 is whisper quiet, holds speed on hills at 2100RPM...and requires zero handling modifications. I've yet to have it downshift a single time. I run at 64MPH on cruise and can talk to guest on the sofa at highway speed. Another biggie...the dash A/C is such quality, it keeps the entire coach cool while traveling without having to run generator and roof top units. It's a luxury HD pickup cab with a motorhome body behind it. The Super C's are built in Plant 250, which is the newest Plant in Wakarusa. For the amount of money you are spending, I would go tour the plants of the models on your list. Sheer volume of manufacturing in a single plant has a lot to do with expected quality issues. There's lots of different threads and post here....do a search on "Super C" or "Ford F550" and you'll get quite a bit of good reading. In reality....the configuration on the Class A is by far, the best layout still today. If they could figure out how to build an A Class on one of these "diesel puller" chassis', that model would take over.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.