Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Digital TV's
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 05:45 PM   #1
sandaj

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #1454
Digital TV's

As we were checking into an RV park in Fredericksburg, Texas earlier this month, the lady asked if we had "digital" TV's. I did not know. She said that only digital TV's would work with their cable system. So, we we hooked up to the cable box, only one of our TV's would work. I have looked at the paperwork on the three TV's that came with this 2015 Thor Miramar 32.1 and I cannot find a reference to "digital" on any manual. So, I guess I have one "digital" TV. Now, what do I have to do make the other TV sets work in the RV?

This issue is separate and apart from our "ghost" problem with the TV's. We have never, repeat NEVER had good reception from all three TV's in this RV when hooked up to RV park cable access. One TV will work, while the other two are "snowy". But it's not always the same TV that works. It's like they take turns. The problem is compounded because Camping World and the alternate RV repair shop we have used do not have a cable access for RV's so they can see the problem and/or try to replicate it. I can almost understand the small "mom and pop" place not having a hookup, but Camping World? Gee whiz, repairing products they sell is supposed to be their business.

So, back to the problem. What do I need to do to ensure that I can utilize "digital only" cable hook up? We have Time Warner in our home, and we had to get little digital gadgets for our antique TV's in the house. For our added pleasure, the gadgets were installed free of charge.....until DEC 2016, at which time all of TWC will be "digital" and they will then charge us $5.00 per month for each device. Yay!

David

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.