Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 11:29 AM   #7
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
You can find a bit more information on the lithium system in this thread:

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...tem-19127.html

The alternator was mentioned as a 280-Amp unit, but charging at a realistic 200A is probably more like it. The mentioned 160A charging from Inverter/Charger is good info to have.

I’m interested in this system, so had done a little research. My guess is that the batteries are something like these 400 Ah units rated at 5.5 kWh each. I’m mostly wondering what this lithium option may add to total cost. No doubt 11 kWh of battery capacity can run most things for many hours, including the air conditioner, but if it’s in range of $20k like Winnebago’s Travato, that’s a bit much. We’ll have to see on lithium pricing.
Ah missed that thread--by the dates I see that I was camping at the time; go figure ! LOL

Interesting looking at the specs. The RV application for Li-Ion is a bit different than the EV application (just look at the max current draws, EV limits are much higher).

I would imagine those differences mean RV's will get a different chemistry mix and that the batteries will last a bit longer.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum