Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 02:07 PM   #25
funmoneypit

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #12333
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeoneil View Post
Recent trip from Ohio to Texas and back. Check MPG twice. 14 MGP and 16 MPG. running 65 70 MPG towing an Honda Fit. I was amazed. Last coach got 7-8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWS50 View Post
I have a 2020 37FH and the best I get towing a Fiat 500 is 8.2 on flat Florida ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Owner View Post
I'm highly suspect of anyone getting much over 8 mpg with the V10, especially while towing. I average 8 on my Miramar with over 12,000 miles. Only one I've ever heard geting in the teens has been a diesel... And they need it with the price of their fuel.
Yeah, I think there is something wrong with Joe's calculator. We have a Miramar 37.1 which is very similar to the 37FH and is on the same chassis. I get a tad bit over 7 mpg whether I am towing our CRV or not. Our old "04 Georgetown 37 footer with the 4-speed trans only got 6.5 mpg.

Power wise, I have been very pleased with the rig. We just got done with a trip to Gatlinburg, TN from Michigan. The Smokey's aren't the Rookies but there were some pretty good uphill grades. Pulling our CRV, we never went below 60 mph. We passed many semis and even a few DP's. I do have a 5 Star tune.
funmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum