Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 07:14 PM   #1
LATraveler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RQ29
State: California
THOR #12941
5 Amp fuse blowing repeatedly

A couple of days ago, I went to put out the slides and there was no power. It was late, so i went to bed and waited'til morning. In the morning I discovered the 5amp fuse was lit up in the fuse panel. I replaced it and all went back to normal. Yesterday, the same thing happened and I replaced the fuse again. And again. About the 4th time, the fuse arcked. According to the description inside the fuse box, the 5 amp is for the LP & CO detector.

I am out on the road in Crescent City, CA. The two automotive shops I have been to are too busy to take a look at it for several days. I have a call in to a mobile RV repair but don't know how long it may take him to respond. I am a couple of days away from making Portland. Without slides, I'm mostly inconvenienced by not being able to get the coffee maker out not walk around the bed, but certainly liveable.

I am no electrician but willing to try any fix. Can you give me advice for what tip look for? Is it dyi? Should I push on to a big city for a possible repair shop? I'm in my first week of a month long adventure. I am also attending a women's rv rally in Mt Hood beginning a week from today. I would appreciate any response/advice.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum