Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 09:00 PM   #4
LATraveler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RQ29
State: California
THOR #12941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N3EQF View Post
Could you tell if the fuses you replaced were actually bad? I know that sounds silly - I mean could you see where the tiny wire inside the fuse had blown, or if not did you check with a meter to verify the fuse was blown?

Yes. I can see the small wire is definitely broken. And they were good when I put them in.

The reason I ask is that the light next to a fuse will also light if the fuse is not making good contact with the connectors. In time, there may be a slight bit of corrosion on the connector blades, or the blades are spread apart slightly and the fuse doesn't make good contact. The fuse should fit firmly into the connector and if not you can carefully compress the connector blade with a pair of needle nose pliers to make it fit tighter.

I have had to use needlenose plyers to get it installed as it is so tight.

If the fuse is actually blowing, then disregard my comments as there is something drawing too much current and fuse is doing it's job.

One more thing; it wouldn't be the first time a fuse is not labeled correctly in the panel! The slideout not working shouldn't be related to the CO2 detector fuse.
Yes, I've read that repeatedly on this forum but it is the only 5 Amp fuse in the panel so it seems correct. But yes, it is very odd that the slides don't work because of this.

Thanks for your input.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.