Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 12:46 AM   #32
Metalman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
...Which raises the question of why the difference between those that "reportedly" drive OK and those that don't. I can think of a few possibilities although I'm certain there are many more.

1) Some drivers are more skilled, less sensitive to poor handling, or are less picky on what is acceptable.

2) Driving conditions are different. Could be different terrain, wind conditions, driving speeds, etc....
I agree with Chance and I wonder if the OP's maiden voyage was on varied roads (interstates, back roads, poorly surfaced roads, etc.)? I also wonder how many miles the OP drove his new RV on the maiden voyage?

Our 2015 27K feels a lot different on a smooth interstates than on a back roads with dips, off camber curves, and steep crowns. However, after driving it for about 6,000 miles, any handling quirks have become almost unnoticeable, including the blow over by rearward approaching semis. Of course most of our travels include pulling a twelve foot dual axel trailer that might act a bit like the tail of a dog.

I wonder how far off the alignment can be if the front tires are wearing evenly across the tread?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum