Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Alignment
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 07:23 PM   #15
Davie200

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #15962
I find it unbelievable that loading your home Knocks the alignment out. That means every time a truck loads up he has to stop to get aligned. Yeah right. My Thor sits on a Freightliner Chassis they are working on still to this day. We are at putting shims on the idler or pitman bar depending on the one I have to raise it up to a 6.0 vs 5.6?? This coming from FCCC to see if it stops moving to left. If not a box change. Unfortunately I'm at the stage of what FCCC tells the service dept what to do to cover it under warranty. If I was paying for it I would want a new front end. I'm at the point I want a new home. As all the problems keep stacking up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Don’t have my Freedom Elite anymore so can’t take the photo. It was also in the owners manual - quite clearly as I recall. Thor claims that loading the machine by the owner will affect the alignment and therefore it can’t be done except by the owner. Personally, I don’t think loading would alter the alignment but that was the reason given in the owners manual. And who knows, maybe 2,000 lbs of stuff changes things?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum